Sunday 17 February 2019

Mum in hospital

They say that hearing is the last thing to go
And so I talk of holidays past
Of Minehead (and my Dad unscrewing the speaker)
Of Lytham St Annes and Blackpool 
Of Jersey with Merlyn, where I learned to swim, 
And when she came to France and Italy, with Brian, Doug,with Rene and with Paula (pole dancing at my local restaurant ;) )
Of days out for her birthday 
The Tower of London, (telling the Beefeater  a dirty joke) the Millenium Wheel, St Pancras and St Paul’s. 
Of the Eden project, Deb and Vicky

And I hope the memories send her somewhere fine. 
LM Collis 17 Feb 2019

1 comment:

  1. Ah Lynne, this is lovely. It’s a double whammy too, because the intention to talk about anything that’s memorable or relevant, you really do drag open the memory chest and however bittersweet the reason, I think your stories will be touching your mum. My dear mother is in a different situation but nonetheless we rely on memory chest and the stories we thought we’d forgotten. I wish we had a story about telling a dirty joke to a Beefeat3r!!

    ReplyDelete